Report: UKAD Focus Group on the Pilot Phase of the Quality Assurance Framework
Date: Friday 12th October
Venue: Loughborough University
The BJJAGB was represented by Michael Holden the BJJAGB Anti-Doping Officer, also present were five National Trainers – who delivered the training – and a range of Educators, from Rowing, Cycling, Volleyball, Triathlon & Loughborough University .
- Education Delivery Network current situation
- Proposed updates to the Education Delivery Network
- Session Planning for educators
- Plan for observation by National Trainer
The aims of the focus group were as follows:
- Improve technical knowledge and presentation skills of future educators
- Improve Continuing Professional Development of Educators
- Implement standard planning and review documents
The group discussed the existing and proposed Educator journey, the new standard planning and review methods and decided that as from 2019 all newly qualified Educators would be observed in the field by a National Trainer within 12 months with a review and feedback given.
This should ensure quality of planning Anti-Doping sessions and then giving the opportunity for Educators to receive feedback which should in turn improve their technical knowledge and continuing professional development.
These changes will improve the quality of Anti-Doping session delivered to athletes, coaches and support personnel.
BJJAGB Anti-Doping Officer